Mr. King of the Universe

Friday, January 19, 2007

Martin Luther King Jr.

I'm too young to have known him, but since I live in atlanta and get reminded everyday what a great man he is. I was in NY for King weekend and they replayed the "I have a Dream" speach and it gave my goosebumps all across my back. His actions makes me realize how much we should stand up for our beliefs. He was a great man and revolutionized the ideas of non-violent protest and standing up for what we believe.

He was one of the major leaders of the NAACP and the SCLC(I think). Martin Luther King changed the face of this earth as we know it. Back then the black people dealt with injustice and prejudice everyday. I believe many people fealt the same way that Martin Luther Knig Jr. did, but they didn't stand up and speak. But once Rev. King stood up and spoke; it was the start of creating a better place for all americans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home